University of Ghana (UG)
Located in the nation’s capital, Accra boast of historical sights such as:
- The Colonial Law courts with its Victorian buildings
- The Independent square where all major national events are held
- The imposing National Theatre
- The famous Makola market
- Parliament square
- The Kwame Nkrumah museum and circle
- The magnificent Job 600 building soon to be the offices of our parliamentarians
- The Tema motorway and the splendid super N1 highway.
University Website: www.ug.edu.gh
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST)
Established by Ghana’s first President is located in Kumasi, the Garden city and cultural capital. The foreign student has the priviledge of visiting exciting sites such as:
- Kumasi cultural centre
- Manhyia palace, the magnificent citadel of Ashantehene, the Paramount chief of the Ashanti Kingdom
- Kumasi National Sports stadium
- Komfo Anokye Hospital and the legendary Komfo Anokye statute with the sword from the skies. It was through the magical powers of Komfo Anokye that united the once divided Ashanti kingdom.
- The sprawling Asafo and central market and the Kumasi fort behind the Law courts.
University Website: https://www.knust.edu.gh/
University of Cape Coast (UCC)
With its unique location has a proud history and sites which every foreign student interested in the origin of the slave trade and its operations need to visit. Some of these historical places of interests include:
- The splendid Cape Coast slave castle over looking the Atlantic ocean has a sad history of the slave trade and man’s inhuman treatment of his fellow man.
- Elmina Castle and township where gold was first found.
- The Kotokoraba and Abora markets
- Kakum National Park which is a must for any student/visitor
- The London Bridge and the fish landing bay beaches.
University Website: www.ucc.edu.gh
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW)
(UEW) is the leading university in Ghana and sub West Africa region for producing qualified graduate teachers for our second cycle and tertiary schools. It is also a multi-campus institution with sites at Winneba, Kumasi, Mampong Ashanti and Ajumako.
- It has beautiful white sand beaches and café for the visitor who wants some peace with the echoes of the Atlantic ocean.
- An annual Live Deer Hunt Festival which is a joy to behold.
- The historic fish market and the canoe fishing white sand beaches.
University Website: www.uew.edu.gh
University for Development Studies (UDS)
(UDS) is a multi-campus university located in the Northern part of Ghana has unique places of interests that must be explored by any visiting occasional or foreign student.
- The Crocodile Pond at Paga where the visitor has the chance to interact, touch and even sit on a live crocodile without a care in the world.
- The intricate Paga and Navro Pio’s palaces
- The unique farming techniques and the delicious guinea fowl, a delicacy every visitor to the north must not fail to try.
- The Bole game reserve and the multi campuses at Nyankpala, Navrongo and Wa.
- The new sports stadium.
University Website: www.uds.edu.gh
University of Mines and Technology (UMAT)
UMAT is the centre of excellence in Ghana and Africa for producing world-class professionals in the fields of mining, petroleum, technology and related disciplines. It is located in one of the gold belts of Ghana with fascinating sites for the foreign student who may be privileged to study in this university. Some of the interesting sites include the following:
- The rich Tarkwa Gold mines
- The famous table mountain for Helicopter landing for air freighting the produced gold bars to the port of Team for shipment.
- The magnificent unique seven satellite townships that make up the Tarkwa township
- The old commercial and busy township
- The grand new well equipped Government hospital
- The well designed 2000 seater student auditorium.
University Website: www.umat.edu.gh
The University of Health and Allied Sciences, Hohoe (UHAS)
UHAS was established by an Act of Parliament (Act 828 in December, 2011) and envisioned to become a pre-eminent research and practically oriented health educational institution dedicated to community service. The main campus including the central administration is in Ho. A second campus is located in Hohoe.
The Aims Of The University Are To:
- Provide higher education through teaching and research to all persons suitably qualified and capable of benefiting from such education
- Run courses in health and allied health sciences relevant to the health needs of the people of Ghana
- Adopt teaching and learning methods that are practically-oriented, technology driven and community-based
- Disseminate knowledge and carry out research that responds to the health needs and aspirations of the people of Ghana and beyond.
University Website: www.uhas.edu.gh/UHAS/
The University of Energy and Natural Resources, Sunyani (UENR)
UENR is a Public University established by an Act of Parliament, Act 830 in December 2011. The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST handed over its Sunyani Campus to the management of the University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) to become part of the University’s nucleus. The University however opens in September 2012 when the first batch of students will be ushered in.
University Website: Www.uenr.edu.gh
University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA)
(UPSA) , since its establishment, has been committed to provides both academic and professional higher education in Ghana. With over fifty (50) years of experience, UPSA has achieved the reputation as the oldest Ghanaian human resource development institution in professional Accountancy and Management with many of its products in key leadership positions in Ghana and abroad.
University Website: www.ips.edu.gh
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) was established in 1961 as a joint Ghana Government/United Nations (UN) special fund project. Originally named the Institute of Public Administration, it was set up as one of the key strategic institutions to develop the public administrative system, to provide civil servants with administrative and professional competence, and to plan and administer national, regional and local services. Below, we have outlined why our students and professionals choose us:
University Website: https://www.gimpa.edu.gh
University of Environment and Sustainable Development (UESD)
UESD envisions to be a leading university in the teaching, learning and dissemination of knowledge related to developments in environment and agro-business, and create knowledge through research for national development.
The mission of UESD is to train and produce graduates who are equipped with relevant knowledge and skills to be well-positioned as agents and partners in the identification and resolution of prevailing environmental and sustainable developments challenges. UESD believes in training Honest graduates who will be open and challenged to identify and take opportunities afforded them as they Persevere in their chosen disciplines and through dedicated Enterprising abilities, they will become the change agents of their society in particular and the world as a whole.
University Website: https://uesd.edu.gh/site/
Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS)
Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS), a Public Tertiary Education Institution established by the Government of Ghana in 2019 and given a mandate by Act 1001 of 2019. Act 1001, 2019 is also the Charter of the university, and as such having been carved out of the UDS. It has a mandate as a public university to offer programmes that will lead to the award of certificates, diplomas, degrees, Master’s and PhDs under its own name in the areas of its competencies (Law, Education, and Life-Long Learning, Social Studies, Business and Integrated Development)
University Website: https://ubids.edu.gh/
University of Technology and Applied Science (CKT-UTAS)
University of Technology and Applied Science (CKT-UTAS) is a public university of the Upper East Region of Ghana established at Navrongo in the Kassena-Nankana District. CKT-UTAS offer a supportive environment to engage in cutting-edge research. They offer students high-quality range of academic and professional programme in basic and applied sciences, mathematics and computing technology for the secio-economic development of Ghana and beyond.
University Website: https://cktutas.edu.gh/
Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAM-USTED)
The College of Technology Education in Kumasi (COLTEK) and the College of Agriculture in Mampong – Ashanti (CAGRIC), which have been carved from the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) to form a new university . The University is now known as the Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAM-USTED).
AAM-USTED is to spearhead the government’s vision to engender job creation and industrialization of the nation via effective technical and vocational education training (TVET).
University Website: https://www.aamusted.edu.gh
Ghana School of Journalism (GIJ)
The Ghana Institute of Journalism, formerly The Ghana School of Journalism, was officially opened on Monday, 16th October, 1959, by the then Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Mr. Kofi Baako. The school was established by the Kwame Nkrumah government to provide training in journalism toward the development of a patriotic cadre of journalists to play an active role in the emancipation of the African continent.
University Website: https://gij.edu.gh/
Ghana Communication Technology University (GCTU)
Ghana Communication Technology University (GCTU) is a technology oriented institution of higher learning, committed to providing an educational experience of the highest quality. Established in November 2005, GCTU was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) on March 30, 2006 and officially inaugurated on August 15, 2006, gaining full public University status on 13th August, 2020. The University is governed by a University Council, supported by the Interim Vice-Chancellor- himself a member of the Council, the, Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor, Interim Registrar, Deans of Faculties and staff.
University Website: https://site.gctu.edu.gh/
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office (UGOO) is the Ghana international organisation for cultural, business and educational opportunities.
Tel: + 44 (0) 207 278 7413
Fax: + 44 (0) 207 713 5776
Tel: + 233 21 514 215
Fax : + 233 21 514409
The content on this website is published by Ghana Universities Overseas Office on behalf of its members
The content on this website is published by Ghana Universities Overseas Office on behalf of its members